At our last Convention held on October 27th to October 29th, 2006
under the theme “S’engager dans l’action”, SEPB-Québec delegates
adopted an ethical sourcing policy to be applied to the purchasing
of promotional materials. This policy is based upon the following
1. Whenever possible buy promotional materials that is manufactured
by unionized companies located in Canada;
2. Our suppliers and manufacturers must comply with the following
- free choice of employment and the abolition of forced labour;
- freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining;
- the abolition of child labour;
- salaries and working conditions that are sufficient to cover
basic and fundamental needs.
It is important for us as trade unionists to always remember these
basic principles that can serve as a guide.
Look for the union label on all products you buy, find out where
they come from and make a clear choice. That is part of our
responsibilities not only as trade unionists but also as citizens.
There are numerous resources that can help us make those choices.
Visit our links under the heading